Monday, June 30, 2008

Travel Tales: Germany 2004, Part Five

Our last travel tales installment for Germany... now I have to figure out the rest of the trips! I suppose France 2005 could be next...

We're planning a nice dinner tonight so we actually went to Wal-Mart again. That was after we went to the town of Maulbronn, which was one of my favorite towns so far, I think.

Maulbronn kind of centers around a monastery, and it really reminded me of Hogwarts in the
Harry Potter movies. It's an old cloister from the 1100's. In fact, the whole village had a Harry Potter feel to it. Being near the shops felt like being in Hogsmeade Village. In fact, there was even a witchcraft shop, but we didn't really know what to do with any of the stuff in there. There were herbs, but no directions and all the books were in German so it wasn't as if we could read them without a translator.

The hall at the monastery - it looked like Hogwarts!

Lindsay sitting outside the town.

A view of all the little "Hogsmeade Village"-like houses.


Apparantly my journaling stopped there. We stayed in the town for a while, toured the monastery and then looked in all the little shops. After that we had a nice lunch and then headed to the Wal-Mart to pick up the dinner items. I was making brownies and lemon-garlic chicken. Our "innkeepers" were coming for dinner as were a whole slew of others that mom had met before but not me and Lindsay.

We headed back to the house to cook - Lindsay and I proceeded to eat our way through a jar of Nutella at some point. It's kind of silly how we always buy Nutella in Europe even though we can get it here just as easily.

After dinner, Lindsay and I walked around Evelyn's little village because I needed to finish a roll of film. While she was posing by a streetlight, two boys in a pizza place started making fun of it - it's kind of interesting to have people pointing and laughing at you in other languages!

The church on Evelyn's corner.

Lindsay posing by the streetlamp.


We headed back to the house for dessert and just enjoyed our last night in Germany!

The group at Evelyn's.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena