Sunday, March 2, 2008

These Are a Few of My (Current!) Favorite Things...

Whether it be a new book, a new movie or a new activity, here are some things to try out (in absolutely, completely random categories). Note that I say CURRENT because these are the things I keep coming back to right now. There's a big difference between CURRENT and ALL-TIME (though scrapbook and the Harry Potter book probably fall under all-time as well).

Activity: Scrapbooking
My new favorite activity is taking all my pictures and putting them together into fun artsy projects. Makes them much more fun to look at and really narrows down the pictures. I did one last summer of all the pictures taken of one of my classes last year, and currently I'm working on 1.) a summertime scrapbook of all the summer adventures and 2.) a 2007 Year-End Scrapbook of all the events from September-December. Then I will keep going with these. They're time consuming though so don't be shocked if I go months after the event before documenting. It's a learned art, so I think I'm getting there. Here are two page samples:



Soups: Amy's Organic bean-based soups.
I like the minestrone, the lentil, etc. (And for the vegetarian members of the family - there's no meat anywhere in the soups; it's an all-vegetarian company.) This has been an easy way to take lunches to work. (And for the record, I don't like the tomato - I think it's like eating tomato sauce.)

Potential Travel Destination: Greece!
Never been, REALLY want to!

Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I know this has been out for six months already, but it's honestly the last book I read straight through without skimming

TV: The Office
I haven't liked a sitcom this much since Friends was on the air! My favorite character by far is Jim, but all the characters are funny and I can't pinpoint which aspect of the show I like the best! Here's just a small part of the interaction between Dwight and Jim:



Movie: Across the Universe
The basic idea is that it's a musical using all Beatles music - and how much of them you recognize depends on how well you know the Beatles, I guess (I didn't realize some of them were Beatles songs but I knew most of them!).



CD: The Music Man Soundtrack
I can't help it - I'm exposed to it A LOT these days! You'd think that would make me sick of it, but it has had the opposite effect for some strange reason...

I'm thinking there should be a theme to March... but I'm stumped as to what the theme should be.

Oh... and SOMEONE'S birthday is in 11 days... I won't say who, but I think you can figure it out...

No comments:

 

Made by Lena