Sunday, January 13, 2008

Anatomy of a Dress, Take Three, Part One

The next part of the Music Man costuming saga. Here's the plan for dress # 3. I haven't really taken too many in progress pictures, being too eager to finish and not knowing where the camera was, but you can see where the project is going.


The bodice of the dress. I thought it was too bland for the stage, which inspired the plan you're about to see.



Using the other bodice option, I cut the pattern and used the other bodice option with the inset, making a - for lack of a better way to describe it - suspender-type effect. This fabric will also be the sleeve cuffs as well as the sash.




The dress, roughly constructed. It's pretty much just pinned together, so it doesn't quite give the look it will once done (not to mention the fact that I'm using a CHAIR as a dressform... I really need to get a real one!).

No comments:

 

Made by Lena