Sunday, January 13, 2008

Featured Book # 4

I know it's not Friday - not even close! - but I was looking through one of my favorite books and had to share.


1000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's LIfe List by Patricia Schultz is my favorite travel book, because it shows much more than you could ever imagine is in the world, and it all sounds really interesting and worth a visit. Some I can take day trips to, and some I have to go halfway around the world to find, but I want to see them all!

I definitely spend WAY too much time in my travel dream world!

Some of the places I want to see the most are:

1. Santorini, Greece. I think the photo speaks for itself.



2. Verona, Italy. For this Romeo and Juliet fan/scholar, the real Verona calls!



3. The Taj Mahal. I would really like to see different parts of India one day.



4. Salzburg, Austria. How could anyone NOT love the place where the hills are alive with the sounds of music? Apparently they have a Sound of Music tour...



5. Portugal. I've always wanted to go there, but I don't know any specific sites. I suppose I'd like to go to Lisbon, though!



Five is probably enough to go on for now, but there are so many other places to go and see: Rome, Florence, Venice, Sicily, Sweden, Norway, Gandia (Spain), other parts of Spain! I want to see it all!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena