Monday, November 26, 2007

Anatomy of a Dress: Part One

In non-Christmas related posting, I'm helping out with the costumes for my schools production of The Music Man. I am designing a dress, using this pattern from Sense & Sensibility. They had some perfect ones to use for the 1912-ish era, when the Music Man takes place.

I insisted on designing the final dress for the Marian character, partially because I had a vision in mind and partially because the student playing her is one of my students! Anyway, I went out and bought the fabric this weekend and today put together the lining to fit it on the student tomorrow. Then we'll get to work on the dress itself. I'm really excited to actually put something to use!

Here are some images:


The design for the dress; I traced the person from the pattern envelope and just colored in my design; I don't have a picture of the fabric today.





The above two are the lining pieces being put together to test for fit tomorrow



The bodice put together in lining.


Hopefully tomorrow we'll have the full bodice to show you!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena