Thursday, November 29, 2007

Anatomy of a Dress: Part Three

Worked hard all afternoon and have an ALMOST finished product. I have to put in the zipper, the skirt lining and get the bottom hemmed, which of course I have to do on the model!


Here I am, working on the main skirt with the purple fabric!



The bodice pinned to the skirt layers, before sewing!



The "finished" product! (See above, as it's not exactly done yet!)


My model will likely be trying it on again tomorrow before I put the zipper on. Then I'll get the skirt lining in over the weekend and put on the zipper. Finally, she'll try it again on Monday and we'll get to the hemming stage!

I must admit - this pattern scared me before I started. I wasn't sure the final product would go well, but I went slowly and carefully and followed the directions meticulously and I am absolutely THRILLED!!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena