Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Anatomy of a Dress: Part Two

So yesterday I made the whole bodice of the dress. I probably would've gotten to the skirt as well, but I didn't have the right markings on the fabric and left the pattern at work!


The bodice pieces, cut out of the purple fabric being used. It's nice and soft and apparantly doesn't wrinkle - I barely had to press it before cutting.



The inset, just starting to pin.



The inset, all pinned and ready to go.


Then, I forgot to take pictures, but I got the inset in and lined the bodice, with the understiching, which I had never done before!


The finished bodice.



The "whole" dress - really just the bodice with the front skirt pieces laid on it to see how it would look. Obviously the lace will go on both sides, but I haven't cut it yet. I just wanted to see the whole thing a little bit, and how it looked with the sash - I love the contrasting pink!


The dress was met with great excitement today, and I'm excited to finish it. The back panel is a little small so I'm going to simply add a little bit of fabric on each side, totaling about an inch or two so that the zipper fits well and doesn't cut off any breathing - which would not be good for someone who needs to sing!

Can't wait to see the finished product, especially when it gets tried on!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena