Saturday, September 22, 2007

Recipe: Grandma's Cranberry Apricot Chutney

Had a moment of panic that I lost this recipe this morning, but it was just hiding behind some other things on the fridge. Thought I'd post it up just in case I ever do misplace it!

This goes really well on bread with a little cream cheese (makes an excellent tea sandwich!), or as a spread for crackers, or even on pork or something (though I've never tried it that way).

You'll need:
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup water
1 bag cranberries
3/4 cup snipped dried apricots
3 tbs. brown sugar
3 tbs. cider vinegar
1 tbs. minced ginger

Heat the water and sugar until the sugar melts. Bring it to a boil. Add everything else and summer until it's thickened. Cool and serve (I like it cooled, but I suppose you could try it warm as well).

No comments:

 

Made by Lena