Sunday, September 23, 2007

We'll Laugh Our Cares Away!

Last night, Katherine, Joe and I were flipping the channels looking for something to watch after discovering nothing good on the HDTV channels. Finally, we took a look at the movie channels, where one was labeled "Sesame Street." Joe put it on and we all got excited right away, for we all immediately recognized the movie as Follow that Bird, a childhood favorite! So, of course we had to watch it because it just so happened to be our favorite part.

I found a video of said favorite part - when Big Bird stops on the farm and meets Ruthie and Floyd and helps out with the chores, and they all sing "Easy Goin'" - it took me back to the days when we would play Follow that Bird and I would play Ruthie, Joe would play Floyd and that left Lindsay to play - you guessed it! - Big Bird!



We spent the rest of the evening quoting the rest of the movie as it continued. The best part was Pam and Mom in the dining room/kitchen, singing all the words, remembering everything from when we used to watch it - including the key change at the end of "Easy Goin'"!

P.S. I mentioned the Sesame Street quiz I took a while back to Joe and how I ended up as Bert - he wanted to take it so I shared the link, and he's Bert too! Apparantly we are just not a cool bunch. (Though when Emily took the quiz a couple weeks ago, she was Big Bird.)

No comments:

 

Made by Lena