Sunday, October 28, 2007

Emily's Sweet 16!

Yesterday we celebrated Emily's birthday (on October 2nd, if you don't remember the post about it) with a big Sweet 16 party at the Mt. Kisco Holiday Inn. The whole family was there to celebreate, and we had a great night of food and dancing.

To whet your appetite for pictures, here are a few of the centerpieces that were made by Lindsay, Kara, Emily and myself last weekend when we were in Binghamton (mostly my job was to paint everything gold). Each piece was designed by Kara and reflected a different Broadway show.

Wicked


The Phantom of the Opera


Beauty and the Beast


A Chorus Line


Spamalot


Rent


Little Shop of Horrors


Hairspray


I think my favorite part of the evening was before the party started and we were getting ready. I needed to shower, but the bathroom had no towels. Kara said she saw a maid cart in the hall and to poke my head out and ask. When I looked down the hall, I saw a GIANT bag of towels just laying along the wall! Though I didn't actually take any from that bag, I DID manage to get some from the maid!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena