Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Very Private Journals of Kelly Elizabeth Russell Roberts

I have been keeping journals my whole life, and every now and then I like to pull them out and see what I wrote. I started them when I was seven, and I think I'm up to my 35th journal since then (so 35 journals in almost 20 years). The first one I got was a really popular kind when I was younger, with the little lock and key and this pastel, girly pattern on the front:



Some sample entries - apparantly "fun" was the only adjective I knew when I was seven. Oh well... it WAS a simpler time.

Unfortunately at seven I was not in the habit of putting dates on my journal entries, but I'll separate them a bit (and I'll use the ORIGINAL spelling and grammar!):

ENTRY ONE:
I went to my fathers office. I had fun. It was fun. Tomoriw I will go to new lebinon.

ENTRY TWO:
I'm having fun in new lebinon. Today I will go in the trackter. Today I will go in the woods in the trackter.

ENTRY THREE:
I'm leving to go back to Broklen today. I had fun in new lebinon. I had so much fun I didn't want to leve. I went in the trackter yesterday, and this morning. I went with patrick sho(a)ne [apparantly I changed the "o" to an "a" - yeah... the kids name was spelled "Sean"] Joey mom and Lindsay. I had loads of fun. Today I went with only Patrick and shone. We had a graet time. I like fun days instead of boring days. I had lots of fun!

I wonder when "fun" stopped being my favorite word...

I'll do this occasionally... it's fun to see this stuff before I got older and everything got complicated... some of the later stuff I'll keep to myself!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena